- Today it’s great to be able to have all these new car Apps and Websites available when you're in the market to buy or lease a new vehicle. But what most consumers don’t know is that 95% of these websites are linked to work in with car dealers. They all come across as your free friendly information center that supposedly helps you get the best deal possible when shopping for a new car.
- Unknowingly, the customer is completely unaware of what's about to come their way. Let me break it down so you can understand how this magic show full of illusions works, and how you end up paying for that so-called "Free" service.
- Once they have your information they send it to every dealership in your area hoping to get a sale. Before you know it, you’ll be bombarded with so many emails and phone calls you’ll think you have your very own fan club in the worst possible way. In return, 95% of these sites get a commission back from the selling dealer.
- Car Dealerships sign up and pay these sites to get your information, then on top of that they get paid an additional commission, usually around $500 if they finalize the sale. So in actuality-- and I really want you to think about this-- you’re paying a site to take your information for what you thought was a free service and give it to car dealerships that then pay them a commission. How do you think these sites stay in business?
- I know this for a FACT. I used to work for one of the largest dealer franchises in the Greater New York Tri-state area as a Fleet Director. At the beginning of each month these sites would ask us for the new price sheets with their commissions already packed into the price.
- How many times a day do you see on the internet-- especially FaceBook-- asking you to enter your email, phone and zip code?
- Almost all dealerships have an Internet Department that signs up for these referral services. Believe me, you’ll end up with so many calls and emails, you’ll almost have to take on a new identity just to get rid of them! When a deal is complete the car dealer pays the vendor the fee they signed up with to get the information you entered.
Car Sites That Get Paid by Auto Dealers for Your Information!
Kelly Blue Book
The list goes on and on...
- It’s quite funny, actually, watching these sites and Apps come up with new ways to try and lure people into believing all you have to do is order here and take this number to the car dealership. You're thinking, "Oh, wow that was easy!" Or even better, they give you a buyer’s certificate to show when you arrive at the dealership. That certificate you go in waving around is like a red flag to a bull. The only difference is they charge you in a different way.
Nice to meet you sucker!
- The numbers they give you are about as useful as a one legged man in an ass kicking competition. They can only give you a working number, then you're on your own! Some companies now go as far as quoting exact payments.
Fact number 2
- No one can quote you an exact payment without you filling out a credit application and submitting it to the bank for an approval just like the dealerships. So be careful who you give out your information to with these new online apps.
- Car dealerships won’t be going away anytime in the near future because sooner or later you’ll have to go into the dealership for a test drive. Just keep this in mind-- all these new Apps are coming out telling you that you’re approved and your payment is only going to be X amount, is just another way to lure you into a dealership.
- We receive a ton of emails and calls from clients telling us how misleading these websites are once they arrive at the dealership. For peace of mind, before you decide to sign elsewhere, you can get your pricing checked by us at Car Leasing Concierge. We'll help break it down for you with total transparency. This way you'll rest easy knowing you're getting the best pricing and service for your hard earned dollars.
Remember: the last place you want to end up on is the corner of Sucker Street and Buyer's Remorse Blvd.!
At Car Leasing Concierge, we're not here to sell you a car, we're here to help you lease or buy one!