Driving on the highway is stressful enough, so why spend additional hours agonizing over choosing the safest, most reliable car seat for your new baby?
Below is a list of 10 top sellers that not only won't break the bank, but hold up against the toughest industry safety testing.
1. Is your vehicle space-challenged? The Combi Coccoro is a master at fitting into the smallest of spaces! So small, in fact, three could fit in a single backseat. Safety features include a 5-point harness system that can be easily adjusted with a slight tug, side-impact protection, and an energy-absorbing foam that cushions the baby in case of an accident. The seat also boasts four height positions, so it can grow along with your child! For newborns, there's also a detachable infant insert that keeps tiny babies snug and secure. $240, CombiUSA.com
2. The Graco Snugride Click Connect 35 LX is hugely-popular, and we can see why. If endurance is something you're looking for, this is your best option. It even will safely fit babies up to 35 pounds, so you can use it longer than some other infant seats. A modular unit, it carries the added convenience of being able to pop out of the car base and into the stroller — and back again — without waking up baby. It’s compatible with all Graco "Click Connect" strollers. $190, GracoBaby.com
3. The Britax Marathon ClickTight has an abundance of high-tech safety components that protect baby — and it's easier to install than ever. Simply flip up the seat, guide your car's belt buckle through, and secure. No need to push or pull! It also boasts a 65-pound weight capacity (Ok, we realize that's well past babyhood!) and harness that quickly adjusts for a growing child (without any rethreading). $330, BritaxUSA.com
4. This carseat scored a perfect "P.P." - Preemie Perfect! The Chicco Keyfit 30 protects babies as small as four pounds! It comes with energy-absorbing foam and a bubble level that tells you you're installing it at the right angle. Additionally, it's also compatible with several Chicco strollers. $180, ChiccoShop.com
5. If adaptability is what you're looking for, the Maxi-Cosi Pria 85 continues to develop along with your child-- from 14 pounds all the way to 85-- keeping them safe in their harness as long as possible before graduating to a booster. The comfy padding also protects from side impact accidents. To make cleaning easier, simply take the seat pad and harness covers off and throw them in the washer without uninstalling the seat. $300 at Giggle.com
6. We realize parents will likely be dragging their babies' seats out of the car and into their stroller quite a bit, but newborns really should not be in an upright position for extended periods of time. Since they do not have full head and neck control, enter the Cybex Cloud Q Plus. This seat can be adjusted to lie completely flat for long strolls with baby. No need to switch to a bassinet. Genius. $399 available at Cybex-Online.com
7. Tech junkies unite! If you're looking for a seat to go along with your smartphone, look no further than the Summer Infant Prodigy. This model has “SmartScreen Technology.” A screen installed on the car seat’s base — and an app you can download on your phone — helps guide you through installation and will confirm when the seat is fully secure and level. $220, SummerInfant.com
8. The Evenflo ProComfort Amp LX Belt Positioning Booster is made for road trips. It has reading lights, two cup-holders and Gel Matrix technology for extra comfort. It will fit your child from 30 pounds to 110 pounds as a high-back booster. Remove the backrest once your child's over four and 40 to 110 pounds. $60, Evenflo.com
9. Adorably designed and easy to use, The UppaBaby Mesa comes in a variety of stylish colors and clicks right into UppaBaby Vista or Cruz strollers creating a posh travel system. For those who feel they need a third arm, we love you can release the seat from the stroller with just one hand. The seat gets a 5-star rating for ease of use from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and weighs just 11.1 pounds. $280, UppaBaby.com
10. For moms and dads who are cost-conscious, the Cosco APT 40RF convertible car seat is one of the cheapest and most reliable car seats available for retail. The model supports children from 5 - 40 pounds and up to 40 inches in height, keeping them rear-facing in the most safe position. It also has side-impact protection, an adjustable harness and convenient cup holders. $58, Diapers.com
At Car Leasing Concierge, we're not only here to help you lease or purchase a new vehicle, we're also here to help you protect your precious cargo! Visit us at http://www.carleasingconcierge.com/car-price-check to learn more.